Get Out Your Cleaning Supplies!
Scrub a dub! Check out these house listing tips!
- Keep your house sparkling clean
- From shining floors and gleaming windows to clean counters and scrubbed grout, every surface should sparkle. This is the easiest (well, maybe not easiest, but certainly the cheapest) way to help your home put its best foot forward. You may want to hire pros to do some of the really tough stuff, especially if you have a large house. Don’t skimp — this step is key!
- Clear away all clutter
- If you are serious about staging your home, all clutter must go. It’s not easy, and it may even require utilizing offsite storage (or a nice relative’s garage) temporarily, but it is well worth the trouble. Clean and clear surfaces, floors, cupboards and closets equal more space in the eyes of potential buyers, so store anything unnecessary or unsightly.
- Strike a balance between clean and lived-in
- You’ve cleared the clutter, but now it’s time to judiciously bring back a few elements that will really make your home appealing. Think vases of cut flowers, a basket of fresh produce on the kitchen counter or a bowl of lemons beside the sink.
- Take a good look at your floors
- At the bare minimum, give all floors a thorough cleaning (and steam clean carpets), but consider having wood floors refinished if they are in poor shape.
If you are in the market to purchase a new home, give me a call. I’m only a call, tweet, Facebook message or email away!